So sorry for the long gap between blog posts, I've been a little busy!
Just a quick update for now on Jason and how he is doing:
First, we want to thank these guys again:
| Jason with Divine Comedy |
*********************************************************************************
Jason had a doctor's appointment today! He see's a doctor that goes by "the gut-whisperer" in South Jordan, UT. I'm starting to believe that this term is really accurate.
We are leaving the NG tube in for another 3 months and will re-evaluate at the end of that time. We do want to get the tube out at some point but there has been a fear that if we take it out too soon Jason will relapse and re-lose all the weight he has gained.
Jason's doctor also added an appetite stimulant called cyproheptadine. The goal is to continue to get him to eat more on his own so when we do remove the tube there won't be a huge calorie deficit.
We are also happy to report that Jason is the heaviest he has ever been (we can say that everyday now yay!) weighing in at 108 lbs.!! He is also the healthiest he's ever been. Whenever Jason would have lab work done he would always come in at the low end of normal, or just be really low. He is still on the low side, but not like before. His numbers are moving up slowly and he is finally headed in the right direction.
We are still investigating the cause of his illness. Jason had a colonoscopy done about a month ago and they discovered significant scar tissue and removed two large polyps from his large intestine. There were no signs of cancer, but we are one step closer to hopefully getting some definitive answers (and solutions!) to Jason's mysterious health problems.
Thank you everyone again for all of your love and support during this journey. The hard part about cancer is it is a long-term challenge, and we couldn't do it without all the prayers and support on behalf of Jason and our family. I'm working on finishing a couple of blog posts that I started, I've been sick myself recently and had a few other exciting things going on but I promise I'll get back on track!
Top of the muffin to you!
-LeAnne
Good luck Jason! praying for you buddy -Jason from Studio C :)
ReplyDelete